At WPX, we care about making community investments and supporting worthy causes. You’ll also see our employees actively involved as volunteers and board members in civic organizations and nonprofits.
In 2013, WPX issued more than $130,000 in grants throughout Colorado communities in both Denver and on the Western Slope.
Additionally, WPX issued nearly $80,000 in matching gifts to eligible 501c3 organizations that are employees personally support.
We also have a long history of supporting United Way chapters in Colorado, with more than $175,000 in pledges that will be distributed in 2014.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the organizations we recently supported:
- Bienvenidos Food Bank
- Colorado Mule Deer Association – Grand Junction
- Garfield County School District No. 16
- Grand Junction Professional Firefighters Local 2808
- Grand Valley High School
- Grand Valley Education Foundation
- Grand Valley Park Association
- John McConnell Math & Science Center of Western Colorado
- Kids Voting Mesa County
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado Inc.
- March of Dimes – Grand Junction
- Rio Blanco County 4-H
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- St. Mary’s Hospital Development Foundation
- Western Colorado Center for The Arts